The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Is there a user-share forum to share patches?

Anthem2112
    Anthem2112

Is there a user-share forum to share patches? Empty Is there a user-share forum to share patches?

Post by Anthem2112 Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:58 pm

As a former Line 6 player... I know Line 6 has a large data base of user patches that users can upload, download and share. Does HK have anything like this? Since the Switchblade has storeable patches, it seems like it would be do-able! What say you??
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Is there a user-share forum to share patches? Empty Re: Is there a user-share forum to share patches?

Post by bordonbert Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:44 am

It's been talked about here a few times over the years Anthem. Have a look in the GM36 forum at the stickies at the top of the thread list and you will find it there. Remember that the GM40 and GM36 share a huge amount of common info being from the same stock, (not necessarily patches as their voicing is supposed to be very different). If you need something mainly technical such as circuitry details you may find what you want in there.

I actually did a lot of work a long while back exploring the format of the data and datafile for the GM36. I produced a quick down and dirty Windows program to manage and manipulate them out of the amp then restore them as you wanted. Then Fredo came along with his vastly more comprehensive app and we were really up to date. It seems odd but the idea of swapping voices/patches has never really caught on. By all means post up any you use which you think would be interesting to others and let's see if it takes off. I've started a new thread with this in mind so maybe when Hwystar reads this...

Hwystar: Can you make that thread a sticky at the top of the GM40 forum in the same ways as the GM36 forum has one?

Rock On Humble Pie

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 am