The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

New GM Deluxe 40 user here!

WTFisDjent
    WTFisDjent

New GM Deluxe 40 user here! Empty New GM Deluxe 40 user here!

Post by WTFisDjent Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 am

Hey guys, new to the forum and H&K in general. I just moved to a Grandmeister 40 Deluxe from an AC30 and so far I love it! Easier to carry, 4 useable channels and MIDI control? Can't beat that...and it looks awesome on stage
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

New GM Deluxe 40 user here! Empty Re: New GM Deluxe 40 user here!

Post by bordonbert Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 am

Hi WTFisDjent. (Love that name. I had to look it up online. It must make you either a lover or hater of the genre I guess. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad )

Glad you are loving the GM40D, I guess that makes you a lover of Djent too? I agree with the awesome look comment. I used to use my GM36 on top of a mini stack of 2 1x12" and it looked the dog's bowlegs! And I have to say I am not surprised you get better sounds out of your H&K than the veritable AC30. I've never been overly keen on their restricted nasal quality I'm afraid, Brian May notwithstanding. Sympathise and say a prayer for me as a full Marshall head + 4x12" guy in his late 60s! Wait until you really get the MIDI working for you, that really is something awesome.

Rock On Humble Pie
    WTFisDjent
    WTFisDjent

Post by WTFisDjent Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:15 am

Hi bordonbert. Yea I'm a fan of prog-type metal, I just always thought it was funny that they named it djent. I play in a cover band so I need some versatility out of my equipment and the Vox just wasn't cutting it...definitely had that nasal quality you mentioned. And I couldn't get the tones I was looking for with stompboxes so I figured it was time to move on. Once my 7 day trial period is up I'll post a link to a vid from this past weekend where my band covered a somewhat heavier song and the GM40D held up admirably Smile
    You definitely have my sympathies for lugging around a Marshall and a 4x12! That's a beast to load-in and out
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Make sure to post that link WTF, it is always great to hear the amps actually in use and too many of us are a bit shy to do so.

The Voxes are limited in their base sound quality aren't they? They do what they do really well but that's it. With that ground level nasality there is no hope of altering the tone in most directions with even the best of today's pedals.

A beast to load in and out? It's a late '60s cabinet so it's one of the original HEAVY plywood types too. And it all goes into my tiny Peugeot 206! It's my musical equivalent of Tetris with steroids, (anyone remember that)?

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:52 am