The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII

Discotoads
    Discotoads

Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII Empty Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII

Post by Discotoads Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:53 am

Hypothetical situation:
    I’m on Bank A. I like the preset on channel 1 of bank A, I switch to channel 2 on Bank A because I want that same tone but with chorus … so I’ll hit store (doesn’t matter if I hold or press, same thing is happening both ways), add chorus, hit the button on the foot pedal and … channel 1 now has chorus too.

I can’t get it to save different presets on banks. It’s saving the preset to every channel on said bank.

How do I save 32 presets on each bank when I can’t even save 2?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII Empty Re: Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII

Post by bordonbert Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:26 am

Hi Discotoads. I can't reply in full on this at the moment, I'm just about to go out but I'll get to it later today when I'm free. There is every chance that someone else will answer in the meantime but I'll check in later

You must let us know what is your full setup while you are doing this? Are you aware that the FSM432 does not store anything itself, it is only a control point for the amp? All of the presets are stored in the amp and nothing in the footswitch.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Discotoads
    Discotoads

Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII Empty Re: Can not figure out how to save more than 1 preset per bank on FSM-32 MKIII

Post by Discotoads Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:12 pm

bordonbert wrote:Hi Discotoads.  I can't reply in full on this at the moment, I'm just about to go out but I'll get to it later today when I'm free.  There is every chance that someone else will answer in the meantime but I'll check in later

You must let us know what is your full setup while you are doing this?  Are you aware that the FSM432 does not store anything itself, it is only a control point for the amp?  All of the presets are stored in the amp and nothing in the footswitch.

Thx for reply.

Full setup is Nothing crazy, GM40/Marshall 1960A cab/FSM32 > opamp big muff > phase 90 > catalinbread softfocus > guitar.

I am aware the pedal doesn’t store the presets. But I’m only able to save 4 presets. I can’t figure out how to save presets on channels 2-32 on banks A-D. I’ll be on channel 2 of Bank A, save it to that preset, but it makes all of bank A (1-32) the same preset … it’s kind of hard to convey over text.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:20 pm

Ok, back again.  I was writing while you were so I'll quickly edit and post.  The key is that you have a GM40D so we can see what to do.

From what it sounds like you are doing, I think you are maybe getting the order of controls wrong.  As we have said you can't store anything from the FSM432 as it is only a selection device.  Using the footswitch you can only select and load existing presets which are all stored and accessed on the amp, or you can select locations you want to store to.  The actual controls controlling the procedure are all on the amp.  Let's take your example as a starting point.  I think I know what you were trying to do there but if I'm wrong then we can update what I say.

What you need to do is to load up Preset 1:A by setting up Bank 1 on the FSM432 with the Up and Down buttons and stomping button A.  That loads up that preset on the amp.  I'm sure you have that process straight now.  Remember, this will then load up that preset ON THE AMP.  Nothing changes on the footswitch except the display reflects what is currently happening on the amp.  Next, make your changes to the preset on the amp with the manual controls, add Chorus as you said.  Now you want to save this to Preset 1:B.  Press the Store button on the amp briefly and look to see the Store LED turn on and hold steady.  The bank number on the FSM432 should now flash to show it is waiting for you to confirm the preset you are storing to.  Simply stomp button B and the display stops flashing and the Store LED goes out to show the preset has been stored in Preset 1:B.

If you want to store to a different bank it is similar with one step more.  Select the preset you want to start with as before.  Make changes to it manually on the amp.  Now press the Store button briefly on the amp as before.  The next step is new.  Select the bank, let's say 3, you want to Store to on the FSM432 by stomping the Up and Down buttons until you get it there.  Now with 3 showing in the Bank display just stomp the button for the preset A, B, C or D you want to use and it should do the same as before.  So if you press button C it will store to 3:C.

Try that process and let us know how you get on.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Discotoads
    Discotoads

Post by Discotoads Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:59 am

Thank you! I’m unsure why I wasn’t able to get it but I do now. Smile
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:24 am

Been there done that! Laughing   The most logical stuff can be just a bit past me nowadays.  Glad it's working.

One little tip I can give in using the FSM432 is, order presets logically for your use and don't be frightened to duplicate them if that makes their use easier.  With 4 to a bank and the ability to kick between each of the 4 with only a single stomp it is useful to organise them into sets which will be used in the same song.  When I used to gig with my GM36 I used to have a couple of generic banks set up for a number of songs that needed nothing special.  Then I had other banks which were for a single song only if it used maybe 3 specific presets.  Songs with more presets but which shared maybe only one had the same preset saved into both banks.  I never wanted to have to swap between banks in any song.  With so many slots to save to its easy.

And if you are a serious gigging musician I would get set up and become familiar with the control app at home.  You can then upload different sets of presets on the fly before each gig for different bands or setlists.  That amp and footswitch are a great combination.

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 pm