The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size

Phil_T
    Phil_T

BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size Empty BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size

Post by Phil_T Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Hey guys, I just picked up a BASSBASE 400 2x12 bass combo cabinet (speakers/horn only) for a sweet price, and the mounting screws for the head-to-cabinet are slightly bigger/longer than regular rackmount screws.

Does anyone know the size of the rack screws H&K used to mount the head to the cabinet?

I made the purchase to drop in my BASSBASE 400, which fits nicely, but my standard rack mounting screws are too short and too thin to mount. I can see the screw holes have self-piercing, spiked T-nuts on the rear side of the mounting lip (the same kind if t-nuts one would see in a speaker cabinet), and me being absolutely ignorant on how to measure these t-nuts, I just know the standard rack screws are slightly too small.

If no one knows, do you have any tips on how how I can figure out what size screws are needed?

Thanks in advance.
    ~Phil_T
    Attachments
    BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size AttachmentIMG_7880(1).png
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (410 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
    BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size AttachmentIMG_7882(1).png
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (454 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
    Phil_T
    Phil_T

BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size Empty Re: BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size

Post by Phil_T Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Disregard this post guys -- I removed the casters because one of them was busted and I wanted to take it to the hardware store to see if I could find replacements, and low and behold, the hex screws holding the casters in place were the exact replacement mounting screws for the head. So I took one of them with me to the hardware store and learned they were M6-1.00x25mm screws!
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size Empty Re: BASSBASE 400 Combo Mounting Screw Size

Post by bordonbert Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:59 am

Great to see it was such a simple solution Phil. Sorry I missed it by a couple of days. I don't seem to be getting messaged when new posts appear nowadays.

Being German you can bet your boots they would have been metric so it would mean M6 or M8 which should be pretty much guessable by sight. The other thing you can generally do is to insert something into the hole such as a pencil or toothpick up to the point where it stops against the interior end of the T-nut. Pinch your thumbnail where it comes out of the front panel and remove it. You can then see how deep it goes to the nut. Just add on a cm or so for the T-nut thread and voila.

Rock On Humble Pie

Phil_T likes this post

Phil_T
    Phil_T

Post by Phil_T Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:09 pm

bordonbert wrote:The other thing you can generally do is to insert something into the hole such as a pencil or toothpick up to the point where it stops against the interior end of the T-nut.  Pinch your thumbnail where it comes out of the front panel and remove it.  You can then see how deep it goes to the nut.  Just add on a cm or so for the T-nut thread and voila.

Great tip!

Thanks bordonbert!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 pm