The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

I can't decide between a GM40 or BS 200

Benny
    Benny

I can't decide between a GM40 or BS 200 Empty I can't decide between a GM40 or BS 200

Post by Benny Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:54 am

All,

I'm a newbie to Guitar (a Year). I've been using a small starter amp I bought with an entry Level Guitar.
    I'm not a metal guy and prefer cleaner sounds with some FX.
    I bought a lovely Ibanez Prestige and am now in the Market for an Amp. I'm a Guitar hobbyist and play in a back Bedroom (can blast it out when My Wife is out as I have no neighbours)!
    I wouldn't know a Tube amp from a Solid-state. My question - Money being no object, would I be better to buy a GM40 + Cab, BS 200 with Cab or BS Combo. Everything I read makes me lean one way, then I read something else and go the other. I live in Ireland, so no chance of hearing both anywhere. I want to buy something that will last. I'm not type who wants multiple Amps/Cabs - 1Amp, 1 Cab a couple of Pedals. I'd love to hear from people who have played both.
    Markyb
    Markyb

I can't decide between a GM40 or BS 200 Empty Re: I can't decide between a GM40 or BS 200

Post by Markyb Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Hi babe my I’m guessing by now you have jumped one way or the other I’d have gone the combo route if a home only player .for sure what did you end up doing and why ?

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:33 pm