The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Triamp2 red box vs red box 5

Kryho
    Kryho

Triamp2 red box vs red box 5 Empty Triamp2 red box vs red box 5

Post by Kryho Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Hello!
    Question is very simple - how do the both compare to each other? RB5 has a couple of switches whereas Triamp mk2 has none. Is it worth to get the 5? Thank you! Smile
    tpambrose2
    tpambrose2

Triamp2 red box vs red box 5 Empty Re: Triamp2 red box vs red box 5

Post by tpambrose2 Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:50 pm

Hi,

I've not used a Redbox mk 5, so I can't compare. The Redbox in the Triamp mkII sounds ok. I much prefer the sound from my 2x12 cab. I usually just mic with an SM57 and sometimes add a large diaphragm condenser mic further back to get the sound of room.

If a mic doesn't make sense (because of noise nearby), then I use the Redbox out. I have to spend some time with plugins to get it sounding like I want.

The Redbox mk5 has more options for modern/vintage, tight/loose, and such. They say it sounds better too. Not sure how it compares sound and price wise vs offerings from TwoNotes, UA, etc. I think it is less expensive, but maybe not as flexible?

Hopefully that helped a bit.

Good luck,

-tom

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:25 am