The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Farewell to my H&K compadres

VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Farewell to my H&K compadres Empty Farewell to my H&K compadres

Post by VoodooJeff Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 am

It was bound to happen. As much as I loved my stereo/dual GM36 rig I finally dismantled it and sold it off in favor of a Kemper. A lot of good information resides on this forum and I`m glad to have been a part of it (even if I hadn`t signed on in well over a year. LOL). To say much has changed in the VoodooJef [oh yeah. I dropped the 2nd F] world would be the understatement of the year. Been so busy with so many different things I can hardly see straight some days but the finish line is now visible for at least a couple of them. I do hope that I was able to contribute positively to this forum, I certainly learned a thing or two along the way.

Cheers to all
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Farewell to my H&K compadres Empty Re: Farewell to my H&K compadres

Post by bordonbert Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 am

Well hello there stranger! Great to hear from you. cheers I was wondering about you just a couple of days ago.

Glad to hear that you are still well and plucking, long may that continue. Positive contribution? Yours was always one that led me a few steps along the path of understanding and reduced my blood pressure on a few critical occasions. And where I try to get the info out there in as unambiguous and complete a fashion as I could which led (and leads) me down the route of rambling full page posts, you always managed to get your point across fully in a much briefer fashion and pick up the pieces afterwards. It worked for me when I read your thoughts and I should learn from it.

Sorry to see you go down the non-H&K route but I, for one, understand. A few of us have given in to that now but with the new GM40D there are a lot of new guys discovering H&K. sadly from my perspective too many of them don't want their background info to be correct, just fashionable. But hey, I have always had a problem with that approach and for those it irritates I can only apologise and say ignore it (if you can't handle the truth! Wink ) While I still have my GM36 I'm not using it for gigging nowadays, I went back to a plain old Marshall. Nothing exotic, just a JVM205H which is flexible enough for me. With so many of you guys talking about Kemper I really must try one out at some time. Having neither techno-fear nor a belief that only valves are Gods it could be a boon in my latter years with my aching back.

Stay well and on the up Jeff, I'm positive Hwystar will agree that you're always a welcome presence here. Do pop in every so often to say hi.

Rock On Humble Pie
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Post by VoodooJeff Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:38 am

Thank you for the kind words Smile

All of the previously running projects are still at least ON a burner, though maybe a second set of back burners. LOL. "The" album is no longer "the" album and has become what will be a series of shorter EPs. I`ve got 81 songs or song parts far enough along to have working titles other than "that funky thing in Eb minor", and rather than have one established lineup for a band I have done something a little different from tradition. I couldn`t find the right combination of people who had the time or the stylistic congruity (that`s a hell of a phrase) to cover everything so the live show now includes lineup swaps mid set. I bring in the different people that have worked on different songs for the songs they worked on. It`s a lot of fun for me, the crowd, and the band. The documentary is still simmering, just had to give it an indefinite deadline. Sold one house, moved to a new, got the kiddo into a new school district, new day job, and so on and so on as a single dad just makes short work of available time and energy. Hard to work on project when I pass out in my recliner at 9pm!! Hahaha!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 pm