The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help

unimorse
    unimorse

Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help Empty Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help

Post by unimorse Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 am

One of the bulb s is broken. I opened up and inspected it. it is completely broken cant find replacements anywhere. its the purple bulb. Wouldnt mind doing the LED strip mod but cant find instructions on that. Other than the light, the amp is in mint condition. Can anyone help?
    Phryght
    Phryght

Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help Empty Re: Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help

Post by Phryght Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 pm

dr.telecaster
    dr.telecaster

Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help Empty Re: Just got an Alex Lifeson Triamp MKii one light is out and need help

Post by dr.telecaster Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 am

Hello fellow HK Mark II lovers this is the best amp I also have and Alex Lifeson Triamp and the Standard Blue Triamp I just broke a CCFL lite on my blue one as I had to take it down and bring the chassis in for an intermittent malfunction--- So I am replacing the sky CCFl's The amps CCFL's are 4mm diameter and 260mm long I found a producer of the small diameter CCFL here is their website www.ccflwarehouse.com I ordered 2 of the skyblue color which from what i have seen is the only colored ones I found. From my research the A.L.'s lights are coated with something for that color they put out. I ordered 2 of the 4mmx260mm lights and cost under 40.00 USD shipped --you can order hK replacements from Fullcompass they want 120.00 each --- no way for me.... So keep your wires and the silicon boots then all you have to do is simply unsolder and solder these back on the new CCFL leads -- it is possble you could use par light gels to have a color change if you get full spectrum CCFL's --the color only matters where it contacts the plexiglas. I am expecting the light this coming week if you would like to know of the outcome get back to me. Dr. T

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:57 pm