The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Testing, testing...is this thing on?

MyPetOctopus
    MyPetOctopus

Testing, testing...is this thing on? Empty Testing, testing...is this thing on?

Post by MyPetOctopus Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:46 pm

What's up gang? Several beers in, wrapping up the weekend and back to the grind tomorrow. Thought I'd try to get some conversation going here. We obviously all have a mutual interest. Anyways...

Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? Beginner or seasoned vet? Are you an at home player? Gigging musician? Studio guy? If you're in a band, what music do you play? Covers, originals, both? Got a website, Facebook page or Twitter account? What's your guitar or guitars of choice? Which Hughes & Kettner amp, and why? What other amps do you use or like?

MyPetOctopus
    MyPetOctopus

Testing, testing...is this thing on? Empty Re: Testing, testing...is this thing on?

Post by MyPetOctopus Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 am

Hmm...guess not. lol.

#cricketschirping

Very Happy
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Testing, testing...is this thing on? Empty Re: Testing, testing...is this thing on?

Post by HwyStar Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:25 am

MyPetOctopus wrote:Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from?  Beginner or seasoned vet?  Are you an at home player?  Gigging musician?  Studio guy?  If you're in a band, what music do you play?  Covers, originals, both?  Got a website, Facebook page or Twitter account? What's your guitar or guitars of choice? Which Hughes & Kettner amp, and why? What other amps do you use or like?

1. St. Louis
    2. Veteran
    3. Totally at home, for now.
    4. Gigging: Used to be.
    5. Studio Guy? Yup! Nothing worth posting though.
    6. Guitars: See signature.
    7. GM36 - Does the job with no fuss or muss.
    8. Amps: See signature; considering Kemper. Didn't care for Axe FX. Am noticing many professionals are switching to Kempers now in live situations.

Artie

Post by Artie Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:51 pm

I just discovered this forum today while doing a "google" search for Tubemeister 5 mods. As I looked around and noticed the participation level, I figured this forum just recently started up. Then, as I checked out more threads, I realized that this place has been around for quite some time. Kinda odd that there aren't more H&K participants. But then again, I'm a huge H&K fan, and I just found this place today. Go figure.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm an "Army brat", from all over. I'm purely a bedroom / home studio wanker. I've been messing with guitars for 50-something years, but if you heard me play, you'd think I bought my 1st guitar last month. I'm more of a tech than a player. I still love it, but I love wiring them more than playing them. I think it's a left-brain / right-brain thang.

I'm a retired electronics tech, working mostly in the military sector. I still do guitar and amp repair on the side, so to speak.

My only two H&K amps right now are an Edition Blue 60R and a Tubemeister 5 head. I modded the EB60R with an external speaker jack so I can play other heads through it. The EB60 is a killer amp. Highly underrated. It has one of the sweetest clean sounds I've heard. But I'll save more comments on that for the "Edition Blue" sub-forum.

I hope this place grows. Seems like a nice place to talk all things H&K.

Artie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 am