The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Started a documentary, want to contribute?

VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Started a documentary, want to contribute? Empty Started a documentary, want to contribute?

Post by VoodooJeff Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 pm

So I started a short documentary about the influence of music in different people`s lives while I was at NAMM. It`s going to have a segment that`s a collage of people answering the simple question "what is music to you?". If you would like to contribute (and I am inviting everyone who reads this), send a video of roughly 30 seconds length of you answering that question to voodoojef@voodoodownmusic.com (yes, only one F) . Some will be shorter, some a tick longer, but shoot for a cap of roughly 30 seconds. Here`s mine (a bit longer than 30 seconds, but I`ll be chopping the audio and using different bits in different spots):
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Started a documentary, want to contribute? Empty Re: Started a documentary, want to contribute?

Post by bordonbert Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:23 pm

I want to keep this thread alive Jeff and I see you aren't getting too much response to your request for vid clips answering the $1,000,000 question. I really have tried to get one done for you with an old guy's perspective but I just haven't had the time yet. It'll be there soon, and to everyone else on the forum.....

GIVE THE MAN SOME SUPPORT! Jeff gives a lot of his time and shares his hard won experience as a professional to anyone who can benefit from it. And unlike me he isn't a pain in the arse about it, he knows when to shut up! silent Let's just knock out a couple of iPhone clips of what he needs. (I don't/won't have an iPhone so of course it's harder for me. Started a documentary, want to contribute? Shywhi10 ). I'm sure he's not expecting anything profound, just honest and personal and open.

(EDIT: Just anally can't leave a spelling mistake in my posts once I see one. Evil or Very Mad )

Rock On Humble Pie
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Started a documentary, want to contribute? Empty Re: Started a documentary, want to contribute?

Post by VoodooJeff Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:31 pm

I appreciate the support my friend. I stretched out the deadline a bit as I`ll be seeing a guy we all know and love named Joe in a couple of weeks and I may be privy to getting his input for it as well, and I didn`t want to miss out on that.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Ok Jeff, don't know if this is what you wanted but here it is.  It's rough as a dead bear's bum, the sound is crap and it doesn't seem to synch with the video properly but I only had my webcam handy to record it.  But hey, it's something.  Hopefully it will get a few others to post better material.

It's too big for the site to host but here is a Dropbox link to it.

What is music to me?

C'mon guys, it took me about 5 minutes to do.  (No that's a lie I was longer than that in makeup, but it wasn't like it was hours!)  Get some more material in here for the man's project.  YOU GET TO HAVE YOUR FACE IN "THE MOVIES"! cheers

Rock On Humble Pie
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Post by VoodooJeff Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Thank you so much! What a great response!! I know so many people who are so passionate about music and the ways it`s touched their lives, many are non-musicians as well, that I really felt compelled to capture that. I appreciate everyone who contributes.
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Post by VoodooJeff Sat May 14, 2016 9:42 am

Just an update:

I have some amazing contributions for this, I`m grateful for all of them. Just got a wonderful clip from the amazing Gary Hoey.

I`m postponing the final edit/release until August. Why? Because I`ll have the means to get clips from Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Alex Skolnic (among others) and I feel it would be better to put it all out at once.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Sat May 14, 2016 11:52 am

Wow! That's incredible Jeff. Congratulations on getting such high profile poeple involved to give their views. I'm really looking forward to the finished article. Hope it turns out as you hoped it would.

Rock On Humble Pie
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Post by VoodooJeff Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Just a little bump here. I`m just under three weeks away from being in New York with the aforementioned artists for a week and will get the final footage while I`m there. Anyone who`s interested still has a bit of time to contribute, all the info needed is in the earlier posts Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm